Thursday 15 April 2010

Back with the nightbus

First time on the nightbus proves a Saturday night out is exactly the same wherever you are.

I woke up early, ready to go to the flea market, but instead had a text from my friend who wasn't prepared to get up. So I popped on an episode of Seinfeld, then another. Before I knew it it was 11am, and the day was wasting away. I grabbed my bags and decided to do something practical, so went off on my merry way to Ikea. Sad to say, but on days when I'm not feeling so chipper, a bit of shopping certainly does the trick.

And so it was that I arrived back home, hands laden with goodies: a mirror, a standing lamp, a fruit bowl...

My favourite was this nifty set up I made with a light attached over the stove so I could actually see what I was cooking, similarly over the kitchen sink - hurrah, clean dishes you can see! Unfortunately my housemate decided she didn't want to go in with me on most of the bits and pieces. It's a sad fact that I've noted in the past, people don't want to pay for nice things they invariably use, but say they wouldn't have got.

I wasted the afternoon away with more tv, before heading out to a friend's birthday party, a colleague from work. On the way I made use of the time with a trip to the supermarket, picking up my weekly goodies, as well as a screwdriver set for the shower, and a LAN cable for the computer - practicalities.

The party was ok. Andras and I chatted, whilst everyone else talked in Hungarian, occasionally dropping over to say hello. And so we stayed for a couple of hours before heading home - Andras had a flight to catch the next morning. So we found the nightbus. And I sat there, with my shopping, while revellers jumped on. One girl asked me something in Hungarian, "Angol vagyok" (I'm English), I responded, she smiled and let me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment