Wednesday 14 April 2010

Working without chocolate eggs

That's right, while the rest of you got both Good Friday, and Easter Monday off, I worked both! Hungarians aren't savages like us Brits, and don't celebrate the day Jesus actually died. We are supposed to get the Monday off, but sadly the world of accounting chose not to see it that way.

On the plus side, the city was pretty damn empty (everyone goes out to see their family in the countryside for the weekend), which suited me very well. The day at work was stressful - as it was for the whole month-end week - because the girl who's supposed to be training me was stressed, and snapped whenever I asked anything. In fact, she kept doing everything herself, and left me feeling like I was asking too much to actually take things off of her, like it wasn't my job.

Oh well. I escaped for half an hour to get some fresh air. The miserable weather was adding to a pressure/stress head ache, and fortunately the time away from the office, pleasantly free of people on the streets, cleared it up rather.

No comments:

Post a Comment